Tuesday 5 February 2013

Get Creative - February 5th card challenge


Good morning!!!

It's the 5th of month, which means a new card challenge over at Get Creative. As I said in my previous post, February is the month of love, love is in the air etc... so for the first card challenge of the month, the requirement is to make a card for a loved one. Easy? Piece of cake! Oh, wait, there is a twist... No use of red colour - or any of the variations of the colour of passion! ;)

The card that I made:


Lawn Fawn stamps made it a bit easy for me ;)

And a closer photo:


I heat embossed the sentiment - it makes it pop out more and I like it this way. I also like very much adding twine to the buttons and then I use glue dots to stick them to the card, to make sure that they will stay there. Paper piecing for the adorable pears... and of course faux stitching around the card.

I really wish I could participate this month... because the sponsor this month is our very own Puccarina, one of my very-very-very favourite Greek crafters and the shop she has with her sisters The 3 little pigs. She offers to the winner these super-duper adorable felt embellishments that she made herself, and which are a bit larger than a euro coin!!!! oh, the cuteness and the cards I could make with these embellies!!!


So why don't you come over at Get Creative to see how the design team managed to make love cards without using red, pink or similar colours (they rocked it!)... and to play along with us!

I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment