Saturday 15 December 2012

Addicted to CAS #3 - Sweet

Hello!

Are you ready for another Addicted to CAS challenge? This is the last one for 2012!

The card that I made:


And the code word for this challenge: "Sweet":


Although I did have stamps with sweets, I wanted to do something different. So I thought of making some lollipops with twine. And as if one wasn't enough, I went for five, lol!

And a few more photos:


Aren't they cute? I made the sticks with cardstock that I painted with white acrylic. The faux stitching is, once again, with my favourite white Signo get pen.


The sentiment is with white heat embossing powder.

I hope you like it!

Come over at Addicted to CAS for inspiration by the design team and to play along with us... The sponsor is again sweet Joanna Munster from Inspired by Stamping... The winner will get a $20 voucher for the store!



We'll be waiting for you!

Hugs,
Anastasia

Supplies:




Pin It

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is amazing Natasha. Can't get over your baker's twine lollipops........they are absolutely perfect and so effective.

Karen x

Loll said...

Love it, Natasha. Those twine lollipops are adorable ... love all the colors!

Kylie said...

Perfect CAS and perfectly made lollipops!! You are SO clever!!! LOVE it, Natasha!! xx

Patrice said...

You already know how much I love this one Natasha. Clever, super effective, and very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Natasha, I just adore this fun, clever and sweet card. As always you are an inspiration to me

Marie

maria f. said...

I would love to know how you made those lollipops - they are so perfect and all the same. I had to come see if they were embellies or rolled twine. Super!

Unknown said...

Thank you Maria!

In a few (?) words - I cut circles out of cardstock, put glue all over the cardstock - you can use double tape, but make sure it is all covered.
Then I choose my twine, make a small knot at the end (took me a few failures to find out that the knot does really help!) and position it in the middle of the circle (that could be a bit tricky, but I just did it by "the eye".
Then I start adding the twine all around the knot over and over, until the circle is full.
At the end, if there are parts on some "sides" of the circle not covered with twine (there were for all five lollipops that I made!), I just cut them out carefully. And voila!

I know it is difficult to explain it just by words like this... So I could do a tutorial as well. Added in my to-do list ;)

Melissa said...

This is such a "sweet" card! :) LOVE those twine lollipops!!! So much happy packed into one CAS card!

Post a Comment