Saturday 7 July 2012

Your true colours


Hello!

Today I want to share with you a layout a bit different than my usual ones. I think it is the most "full" layout I have prepared so far. The colours are quite strong. And the theme of the layout is myself. Here's the layout:


My main inspiration - Amy Tangerine's wonderful embellishments (I just LOVE them) and the challenge from Bird is the word that asks us to make a layout with the word "Colours" - or "Colors" if you prefer! ;o)

The first think that came to my mind was Cindy Lauper's song "Your true colours". I thought it would be a good idea to make something for myself, kind of inspiration - Louise Hay - self appreciation - self motivation kind of stuff if you know what I mean?

I also got inspiration from My Creative Sketches latest sketch:



I'm not sure whether it's making it into my favourite layouts -aesthetically speaking. However, it is the layout I most enjoyed making so far.

I didn't have papers to go together with the embellies, so I made my own with acrylic paints and background papers. Ok, you cannot see too much of them, but I did enjoy making them!

I found out that when I want to stamp with white color, the best result by far is with Colorbox Frost White. The downside is that it smudges if you touch it, even days after you have used it. So I used a matte spray varnish - and that was it, problem solved!

Lately I also love-love-love doodling. I'm taking an online class that I'm loving it and soon you'll see more of my creations. For now, I decided to use it on my layout as a border (hmm.. again! ;o)

So... that's all for now! I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia

Main supplies (that are still available as far as I know):


Pin It

4 comments:

Melissa Vettorel said...

Gorgeous page!! Thanks for playing along with My Creative Sketches!!

Sondra said...

I love it! Very colorful and thought-provoking. I love where you dedicated it to yourself.

Shell said...

WOW such a gorgeous page full of fun & colour! Thanx for playing at My Creative Sketches!

Rachael Elliott said...

Such a bright fun page, great take on the sketch, thanks for playing along.

Post a Comment