Friday 20 July 2012

Art journal - Life is better with friends


Hello!

In my last post I was telling you that I wanted to make an art journal page to go with the picture of the art journal book that I made, but I simply couldn't do that. Well, it goes without saying that as soon as the book binding post was published, I was unstuck and made an art journal page that same night!

Last weekend was full, being all Saturday with friends and then most of Sunday as well and I had a GREAT time, so I wanted to make a page with the known saying "Life is better with friends". And here's the result:



As soon as I finished it I knew what I wished I had made differently, but I'm actually a beginner, this is the third art journal page that I'm making, so I'm not too harsh on me. And this is how we learn, from our mistakes, right? ;o)

What I really, really enjoyed was using my masks (or better said stencils?) and modeling paste to make the three hearts. Some close-ups:


The first heart is what I call the "normal" one (you'll see what I mean later on). And actually yes, I have used some glitter! ok, it's actually discreet, it is Distress Stickles... but still, it is glitter ;ο)



For the heart above I used on purpose much modeling paste and I just love this "hard" look that I got.



In contrary, for the third heart I didn't use much modeling paste, so that the misted design below it could show.

And a close-up of the Suzi Blu petite dolls. It's a Unity Stamps stamp that I used on old book pages:


I even used Distress Stickles on their hair!

So that's it...

I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment