Saturday 7 April 2012

A Paris...

Hello!

Time for a layout... and for the first time, with my face on it (well, part of my face, hehehe):



I recently received some scrapbooking supplies and I really, really wanted to use them (you can find the main supplies at the end of the post). The theme is travel as I have quite a few photos from my business trips.

The reason I chose to start with Paris is simple. Until now the photos I was taking on my travels were mainly from the scenery and buildings. No faces. Thanks to scrapbooking, in my last trip to Paris I started taking photos of myself. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it and I will keep taking this kind of photos. What I like most is that many photos remind me of the Amelie movie, you know, the photos with the gnome that Amelie was sending to her father from all around the world?


Misting is a technique that I didn't use for my cards. However, I really like it in layouts. So of course I had to use my new Mini Chevron mask and my Calico white mist. However I also did one of my favourite card techniques - using a white gel pen on kraft paper for faux stitching ;ο)

The inspiration for the layout came for the following two challenges

The Studio Challenges - April 1st asks us to use at least three of the following materials (I used all of them ;ο):
- Kraft - my cardstock
- Twine - the black and white bakery twine on the left
- Die cuts - a few embellishments, such as the clouds and the camera
- Ink - I used white ink around the photo and the papers, and also to stamp the sentiment in the cloud
- A star - well, I used two ;o)
- Washi tape - the black and white striped on the right

Stuck Sketches April 1st with the following sketch:


I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia

Supplies:


Pin It

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Fab page! I love your masked background - I really love the calico white mist too! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck Sketches!

Jess Mackenzie said...

LOVE that calico mist on the chevron template...looks AWESOME!! Love your page! Thanks so much for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches : )

Anna said...

Really love this, it looks great! Well done on getting all of the items from the list in your layout and thanks for playing along with us at The Studio!

Pink Heather said...

The misting chevron pattern looks amazing. i want one ;)

Katherine said...

Love the misting it's a great page there is so much to look at :)

Kim Ewins said...

Love...Love...Love your take on the Stuck?!Sketch...that chevron pattern is awesome...thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Post a Comment